Monday, June 14, 2010

Selling Out

Well, I've done it now.
I'm truly disappointed in myself.
I sold Rosalyn.
My old, long time companion.
We hadn't been in the neighborhood for a week yet when one of the neighbors came by to check her out as I pulled it into the driveway when I first brought her over.
I could see the lust in his eyes, as I'd seen it in many others before.
But he was insistent, he was.
Made me an offer right on the spot.
Which I kindly rejected, because it wasn't enough to cover my attachment to this car.
He persisted, and persisted, and persisted, upping his offer each time.
Today, he made an offer I simply could not refuse, and I just now signed the paperwork and cashed the cashier's check.
I feel conflicted about it, in that I got far, far more money than the original $500 I paid to rescue her from the crusher, and the $4,000 worth of time, money and parts that are currently in her.
The one thing I also don't know about is that I'll still see her every day. She's right up the street. On the one hand, it'll be like keeping an eye on an ex, making sure she's in good hands. On the other hand, it'll be like keeping an eye on an ex, never allowing you any kind of formal closure, punching you in the gut each and every time you see her riding by with another man.
Ugh.
I'm gonna go drink this one off, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment